Finding time to prepare a lunch is often a challenge for many people. If you are one of such individuals, you will enjoy the spicy chicken & avocado wraps and pan-cooked mackerel with beetroot salsa & bean mash recipes covered here. You can cook any of these in well under 30 minutes. Grab a glass of Blush Pink from Andre Champagne to go with your meal for a truly exceptional lunch experience.
Ingredients for spicy chicken & avocado wraps
- 1 chicken breast (approx 180g), thinly sliced at an angle
- generous squeeze juice ½ lime
- ½ tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 seeded wraps
- 1 avocado, halved and stoned
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced
- a few sprigs of chopped coriander
- Make a mixture of lime juice, chilli powder, garlic and the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Fry the chicken for a few minutes. Don’t leave it for too long as it will cook very quickly. Following the pack instructions, warm the wraps. The best thing to do is to heat them over the flame to slightly char them if you have a gas hob. If you allow them dry out, they can become difficult to roll.
- On each wrap, squash half an avocado. Add the pepper to the pan then warm it through. Pile it onto the wraps with the chicken and sprinkle it over the coriander. Roll up and cut in half.
- Serve and eat with your fingers over a glass of Blush Pink California champagne.
Ingredients for pan-cooked mackerel with beetroot salsa & bean mash
- 2 large mackerel fillets (it is cheaper to buy a whole fish and have the fishmonger prepare it for you)
- 65g pack rocket
For the salsa & beans
- 250g cooked beetroot, diced
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- grated zest and juice ½ lime
- 2 tbsp chopped dill, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 tsp olive oil, plus a little extra for cooking
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 400g can cannellini beans
- Create a mixture of a beetroot, onion, lime zest, seasoning, dill and a good squeeze of juice
- Heat the teaspoon of oil in a non-stick pan and cook the garlic gently till it softens. Tip in the beans and some juice from the can adding seasoning. Mash the beans, taking care to ensure they remain chunky and keep them warm.
- Run your fingers gently along the fish to find any bones. If there are any, pull them out with tweezers or your fingers. Heat-up a non-sticky frying pan, wipe with a little oil, and then cook the mackerel skin-side down for around 5 minutes. Flip it over and cook for 3-5 minutes again to get the fillets cooked all the way through.
- Put the bean mash onto plates, top with the fish and half the salsa then scatter with extra dill. Serve with the rocket on the side and the rest of the salsa in the bowl.
You can enjoy any of these recipes as a standalone or have them go together as you deem fit. Some people enjoy the spicy chicken & avocado wraps with the bean mash alone with the mackerel. Either way, you are sure to enjoy a meal rich in protein, carbs, fat, saturates, fibre, salt and sugar in the right proportions.