Melbourne is well known for its architecture and shopping malls but it is also well known for being the food capital of Australia. You are bound to find many different cuisines all stemming from the wide range of ethnicities that call Melbourne home.
If you are after a quiet day out and want to enjoy a meal by a scenic location there is nothing better than choosing a waterfront restaurant Melbourne. This list gives you a few different ones.
- Spice Lounge: if you are after stunning water views whilst enjoying a delicious meal, this is your place. Located in Port Melbourne, you can find this restaurant on level 1 of the popular station pier. Spice lounge uses more than 30 native spices in their classic dishes to create some mouth-watering meals that you will be sure to come back for.
- Ludlow bar and dining room: this is a stunning space located on the banks of the famous Yarra River in Southbank. The theme is grotto inspired and has a large space for barbeques and a bar space and even cocktail lounge and dining rooms.
- Cargo restaurant and bar:located in the breezy and spacious Docklands, this casual eatery is well designed with open spaces and a simple menu that has some classic flavours. Great for sharing with a group.
- Cove hotel: this recently refurbished hotel is a popular dining and entertainment hub. Just next to the marina, it is the perfect spot to enjoy a meal whilst gazing into the stunning surroundings. The hotel also includes a sports bar, function rooms and wine bar.
- Meat Market South Wharf: This is a combination of restaurant and bar with a function space. It is located in Melbourne’s new dining spot. South Wharf. They take inspiration from the Australian BBQ, where the grill takes centre stage and you can chat to the chefs whilst they prepare your delicious meals right in front of you. The delicious food combined with the picturesque views of the Yarra River make this a must visit destination.
- Transport Public Bar: this bar is located on the corner of Flinders street and St Kilda. It is extremely close to main public transport and is only a short walk from the Yarra River and MCG. It is easy to find as it is located in the city centre. The bar has a friendly and pleasant ambience and all are welcome to enjoy the variety of dishes.
- The Deck at the Waterside: this venue has been a popular meeting spot for Melburnians over many years. Located in the iconic area of the Flinders Street and near the Yarra River, this destination symbolises delicious meals, footy on the big screen, music and entertainment wafting through the rooftops.
Now that you are aware of some of the most popular waterfront restaurants in Melbourne, why not head out and enjoy a delicious meal in town whilst simultaneously enjoying the view. Or better yet, if you have a function or event to plan, why not make it special and book one of the above venues to host your party. The guests will leave amazed at the stunning locales and delicious food.